The latest list of China’s 2017 Economic Figures of the Year was unveiled at a grand ceremony held in Beijing on 28 January.
The list is produced by the Chinese Communist Party’s flagship newspaper The People’s Daily in conjunctions with tech giant Sina and video streaming platform iQiyi.com, with selections based upon public online voting.
The list of China’s top ten economic figures of the year for 2017 is as follows:
1.Lei Jun (雷军), founder and CEO of Beijing-headquartered consumer electronics company Xiaomi.
2. Yuan Yafei (袁亚非), chair of Nanjing-based retail and financial services conglomerate Sanpower Group,
3. Liu Qingfei (刘庆峰), chair of voice recognition tech company iFlytek.
4. Zhou Hongwei (周鸿祎), founder and CEO of Internet security company Qihoo 360 Group.
5. Lu Shan (卢山 ), chair and party secretary of construction engineering company China Road and Bridge Corporation.
6. Gong Yu (龚宇), founder of Beijing-based online idea platform iQiyi.
7. Chen Dongsheng (陈东升), founder, chair and CEO of Beijing-based Taikang Life Insurance.
8. Li Chuyuan (李楚源), chair and party secretary of Guangzhou Pharmaceuticals.
9. Li Bin (李斌), chair and founder of clean vehicle company NIO.
10. Zhou Houjian (周厚健), chair of Qingdao-based electronics company Hisense.
For 2017 the list also include two newcomers awards.
1.Dou Rongxing (窦荣兴), director of commercial lender CY Bank.
2. Xu Li (徐立), CEO and founder of Beijing Xtecher Network Technology.