Chinese fintech giant Lufax (陆金所) has won an award for innovation from a leading British trade publication for the banking and finance sector.
Global Banking & Finance Review (GBAF) has named Lufax China’s “Most Innovative Financial Technology Provider” for 2019.
Lufax is an affiliate of China Ping An Group, and has its origins as an online P2P lender founded in Shanghai in September 2011.
According to GBAF Lufax possesses outstanding financial and technological capability as a fintech unicorn under the Ping An umbrella, providing secure and specialised wealth management services to over 44 million customers.
Its services portfolio incorporates technologies including big data analysis, artificial intelligence, blockchain technology and cloud computing.
Other prize winners on the 2019 Global Banking & Finance Awards include:
- Agricultural Bank of China – Most Innovative Loan Product (Working Capital Loan) China 2019,
- China Asset Management Co. – Best Fund Management Company China 2019,
- China Securities Index Co., Ltd. – Best Index Provider China 2019,
- China Systems – Best Trade Finance Software Solutions Provider China 2019,
- EasyMarkets – Best Trading Platform China 2019,
- ICBC Financial Leasing Co., Ltd. – Best Leasing Company China 2019,
- Orient Securities – Best Investor Relations Company China 2019,
- UOB China – Fastest Growing Wealth Management Bank China 2019.
Lufax CEO Greg Gibb Says China’s Fintech Companies Will Drop from Thousands to Several Hundreds
China’s Robo-advisory Market Expected to Reach 737.05B Yuan by 2022: Lufax White Paper
Lufax Pioneers Use of Blockchain for Tracking of Online Loan Transactions in China