China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) has unveiled a new plan to spur development of the country’s Industrial Internet over the next three years.
The “Industrial Internet Innovative Development Campaign Plan (2021 – 2023) (工业互联网创新发展行动计划（2021-2023年）) outlines targets including:
- Basic completion of a national industrial internet big data centre system by 2023;
- Establishment of 20 regional sub-centres and 10 industrial sub-centres by 2023;
- Deepening of 5G and industrial internet integration;
- Support for industrial enterprises to establish fully 5G connected factories;
- Driving 5G applications from external and ancillary links to penetrate core production links;
- Explore the establishment of specialist 5G networks and operating models;
- Planning for 5G industrial internet special frequencies;
- Undertaking industrial 5G specialist network trials.