China’s big state-owned lenders have once again featured prominently on the 2021 list of the world’s Top 500 Banking Brands released by UK financial publication The Banker.
ICBC – China and the world’s biggest bank in terms of assets, took top position for the fifth consecutive year with a brand value of USD$72.8 billion, while Chinese state-owned lenders took out all of the top spots, including China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China and Bank of China.
Top 10 Banks in Terms of Brand Value in 2021
|No.||Bank||Ranking in 2020|
|2||China Construction Bank||2|
|3||Agricultural Bank of China||3|
|4||Bank of China||4|
|5||Bank of America||6|
|10||China Merchants Bank||9|
Other Chinese lenders to feature prominently on the The Banker’s top 500 banking brands for 2021 include:
- Bank of Communications (14 in 2021, as compared to 15 in 2020)
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank (15 in 2021, 17 in 2020)
- China CITIC Bank (16 in 2021, 21 in 2020)
- Postal Savings Bank of China (19)
- China Minsheng Bank (21 in 2021, 29 in 2020)
- Industrial Bank (24 in 2021, 26 in 2020)
- China Everbright Bank (25 in 2021, 28 in 2020).