The People’s Bank of China (PBOC) has participated in the launch of trials for the adoption of Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) throughout the Chinese economy.
The “Notice Concerning Undertaking IPv6 Technical Innovation and Integration Application Trial Work” (关于开展IPv6技术创新和融合应用试点工作的通知) has been jointly released by central government authorities including PBOC, the Cyberspace Administration of China, the Ministry of Industry and Information and Technology (MIIT) the Ministry of Commerce, and the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC).
The trials will focus in particular on “bottle neck issues, exploring IPv6 full chain, full operation and full scenario deployments and innovative applications, and overall raising IPv6 scale deployments and innovation levels,” as well as:
- Simultaneous implementation of IPv6 and 5G development.
- Internet of Things IPv6 deployment applications.
- Industrial Internet of Things IPv6 upgrade and improvement.
- Smart home IPv6 applications.
- IPv6 comprehensive trial cities.
- Key industry IPv6 integration application.
The Notice sets the target of IPv6 innovation and integration application trials achieving “marked progress” by the end of 2023.