The Party School of the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party (中共中央党校) (Central Party School) is a tertiary education institution located Beijing. It is a ministerial-level entity that is directly subordinate to the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party.
The Central Party School’s official mandate is to serve as an “institute of higher learning that trains the party’s senior and mid-tier leadership cadres and Marxist-theory cadres.”
The current head of the Central Party School is Chen Xi (陈希), who also heads the Organisation Department of the Chinese Communist party.
The Central Party School is located at 19 Guangwa Street (厂洼街) and 6 Changchunqiao Road (长春桥路) in the Haidian District of Beijing.
The Chinese Communist Party established its first two party schools in May 1924 – the Anyuan Party School and the Beijing Party School.
In March 2018 the Central Party School and the Chinese Academy of Governance (国家行政学院) (CAG) were merged together.
The “Provisions on the Professional Role Assignment, Internal organisations and Personnel of the Central Party School” ( 中共中央党校（国家行政学院）职能配置、内设机构和人员编制规定) outlines the following professional duties of the Central Party School:
- Exercising the role of being the main channel for the training of cadres; the structured training of province-level leadership cadres, departmental-level leadership cadres, outstanding young and middle-aged cadres, executives at key, backbone state-owned enterprises, executives at tertiary education institutions, county (municipality) committee secretaries, minority ethnic cadres, the backbone (personnel) for the propagation of theory, and the backbone (personnel) for scientific research into philosophy, society, science and education; responsible for the testing of the performance of students during the training period and making testing recommendations.
- Providing education in Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought, Deng Xiaoping Theory, the “Three Represents,” Scientific Outlook on Development, Chinese Socialism with Characteristics in the New Era of Xi Jinping and party education to students; guiding students in strengthening the “Four Awarenesses” and consolidating the “Four Self-beliefs,” firmly maintaining the authority and centralised, unified leadership of the CCP Central Committee with Comrade Xi Jinping at its core, and maintaining a high-level of consistent with the party central committee in terms of thought, politics and action.
- Undertake research into key theoretical problems and practical problems; undertake policy-formation and consulting services for the CCP Central Committee.
- Holding various specialist research and discussion groups as entrusted by the CCP Central Committee; discuss key theoretical, strategic and policy issues.
- Make the training of Marxist theory personnel the main goal, and in accordance with the requirements of the CCP Central Committee and the relevant state laws, regulations and policies on educational qualifications and the training of research students, undertake the education of masters and PhD degree research students for the subjects and specialist educational qualifications approved by the state.
- Provide operational guidance to party schools at all levels throughout the country; undertake the training of leadership cadres and educational research backbone (personnel) at party schools at all levels; organise and draft basic educational materials for party schools.
- Train senior public servants as entrusted by the Hong Kong and Macau Special Administrative Zones.
- Employ multiple methods to undertake academic exchanges and jointly provide education with overseas academic research institutions, think tanks, political parties, political institutions and international organisations.
- Complete other missions as entrusted by the Central Committee of the CCP.