Premier Li Keqiang delivered the Government Work Report (政府工作报告) at China’s Two Sessions congressional meeting on 22 May.
Key highlights from the report were as follows:
Key targets for 2020:
- No full-year GDP growth targets will be set for 2020.
- An urban employment increase of at least 9 million, with an urban surveyed unemployment rate of around 6%.
- Complete poverty alleviation for the indigent populations of rural villages. No more indigent rural counties in China.
Key work points for 2020
- Active fiscal policy will become more active.
- Stable monetary policy will be more flexible.
- Formulation of the 14th Five Year Plan.
Other highlights are as follows:
- The fiscal deficit will increase by one trillion yuan compared to last year, with the issuance of one trillion yuan in disease-prevention special sovereign bonds.
- Beijing forecasts a reduction in taxes and administrative fees for enterprises of over 2.5 trillion yuan.
- Support for e-commerce, express delivery to rural villages, and expansion of 5G applications.
- Local government special bonds of 3.75 trillion yuan, a central government budget outlining investment of 600 billion yuan.
- Growth in financial inclusion lending to micro and small-enterprises by large-scale commercial banks of no less than 40%.
- Expansion in the scale of enrolment from rural villages and impoverished areas by tertiary institutions.
- Jointly implementing the first phase trade agreement with the United States.
- With regard to Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, the establishment of legal systems and execution mechanisms for preserving national security in special administrative zones.
- Increasing disease prevention capability and firmly preventing a rebound in COVID-19. Implementing a raft of policies to support the development of Hubei province.
Tencent’s Pony Ma Touts “New Infrastructure” at China’s 2020 Two Sessions
Blockchain Bills Prove Popular at China’s Two Sessions Congressional Meeting
Two Sessions Sends Strong Signals on Support for Chinese Fintech Development