China Exports 50.9 Billion Face Masks,72,700 Ventilators Since March
China has exported over 50 billion individual face masks since March, as the world continues to struggle against the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Data released by China’s General Administration of Customs (GAC) indicates that during the period from 1 March to 16 May China exported disease-prevention goods worth a 134.4 billion yuan (approx. USD$18.92 billion), including 50.9 billion face masks.
Aside from face masks during the same period China also exported:
- 216 million protective garments,
- 81.03 million goggles,
- 162 million novel coronavirus testing kits,
- 72,700 ventilators (including 63,900 non-invasive ventilators),
- 177,000 patient monitors,
- 26.43 million infrared thermometers,
- 1.04 billion surgical gloves.
Since the start of April the average daily value of exports of disease-prevention goods has risen from 1 billion yuan to 3.5 billion yuan.
Chief export markets for these goods include the US, Germany, Japan, France and Italy.